UBCO IT Service Centre
The UBCOIT Service Centre provides basic information, support and advice to faculty and staff on services, hardware and software provided by UBC IT Okanagan. The Service Centre team is intended for quick resolution problems and solutions and not all IT problems can be resolved here. For complex or challenging problems please contact us by submitting a ticket at the UBC Self–Service Portal.
Does your problem seem like it could be a campus wide problem. Check the UBC IT Status Page for outages.
Features & Benefits
The Service Centre offers Staff and Faculty three ways to gain support for offered UBCOIT services:
- Online with the UBC Self–Service Portal.
- Request access to UBC IT Services or Resources
- Report a problem with UBC Hardware and Software
- Keep track of your IT incidents and service requests by accessing the View My Tickets area
- Access the library of IT and Workday knowledge articles with a range of self-service resources and information about IT tools and services
- By phone at 250-807-9000 (79000 from on campus) for urgent, time-sensitive support. Phone support available 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- In person at the UBCO IT walk-up service desk for quick or urgent support. Due to resourcing we recommend scheduling a walk-up appointment prior to arriving or checking if the Service Centre window is open.
Requirements and Guidelines
The UBCO IT Service Centre provides basic information, support and advice to faculty and staff on the following subjects. Please note that the UBCOIT Service Desk is intended for quick resolution problems and solutions. For large or complex problems the recommended approach is to submit a ticket for consultation with the UBC Self–Service Portal .
- Basic support for UBC managed hardware. Advanced hardware support may require Desktop Services Team
- Access to or installation of UBC managed software with authorization
- Support for UBC Enterprise systems – FASmail, Network Storage and OneDrive, MS Teams, VPN, Wireless
- Connection to UBC IT Resources
- Troubleshooting base level IT problems
Please note that UBCO IT support is limited to UBC provided hardware and software:
- Limited support or guidance for non-UBCO IT managed hardware (i.e. personal or non IT managed equipment). Please seek support via online or vendor resources.
- Does not offer support or training on UBC provided software applications. Please seek support online or from vendor.
- Does not support issues or concerns with respect to WorkDay. Workday support is available through the UBC Self-Service Portal Workday Sections
- The UBC Self-Service Portal has knowledge and How-To articles available. Select the “Search IT Knowledge” or on the Self-Service Portal homepage
- Are you a student needing support? See: Student Tech Support
The following table clarifies the responsibilities of UBC Okanagan IT and those of the client.
|Maintain awareness of UBC IT deployed equipment and software||x|
|Keep client informed of progress regarding service request/incident in the [My Items] area of the UBC Self-Service Portal||x|
|Escalate all issues not resolved at the Computer Help Desk level to appropriate subject matter experts||x|
|Service requests or incidents that require a site visit will be scheduled when convenient for the client and when staff is available||x|
|Issues, concerns and incidents on non-IT managed hardware and software including decommissioned IT managed equipment and personal devices used in any capacity||x|
|Transportation of IT managed computer hardware to/from off campus to the Service Desk||x|
|On-site support for off campus locations||x|
|Report all requests/incidents via the Computer Help Desk||x|
|Maintain knowledge of computer usernames and passwords||x|
|Provide a clear description of the request/incident||x|
|Provide names of individual(s) to be contacted, their phone number(s) and office location||x|
|Be available to assist with incident resolution||x|
|Purchase / download software as needed and/or directed||x|