Engagement Services works collaboratively with our clients to ensure the IT services provided meet their evolving needs, are sustainable, follow best practices, and align with the strategic goals of the university.
- Engagement Services Team
Engagement Services helps to ensure the needs of the Okanagan campus are captured and incorporated into the planning and delivery of IT services for the greater benefit of the university.
- IT Project Support & Coordination
We help clients navigate complex projects which involve multiple IT teams or various university IT approval processes.
- Client Support & Advocacy
Our dedicated client service managers & coordinators offer a venue to discuss IT concerns and share information in order to align future planning and service delivery with client needs.
- Community Engagement
We ensure the goals, needs and required outcomes of our communities are captured and incorporated into information sharing, planning, decision making and delivery of IT services for the greater benefit of the institution.
Our mandate is to:
- Advocate for the technology-based needs of the departments and faculties of the UBC Okanagan campus;
- Support and inform IT initiatives;
- Disseminate IT communications for the UBCO campus; and to
- Ensure the Okanagan campus’ IT needs are accounted for in enterprise-level planning.
We are committed to:
- Advocating for our clients’ and the campus’ technological needs by providing guidance and leveraging our team’s expertise to deliver strategic, client-centric solutions;
- Building positive, respectful and collaborative relationships;
- Offering professional, timely and responsive services;
- Making positive, value-added contributions to the UBC IT Okanagan team;
- Helping UBC Okanagan identify opportunities to adopt or align with existing university deployed technologies that are sustainable and support the strategic objectives of UBC.
The Engagement Services Team at the Okanagan campus is part of the UBC Office of the CIO Community Engagement framework.
Engagement Services offers a single point of contact for departments and faculties at the Okanagan campus to access the information technology support and services they need to enable exceptional learning and research.
Associate Director, Engagement Services
Todd Zimmerman is the Associate Director, Engagement Services and oversees the Engagement Services, Audio Visual, UBC Studios, Web & Application Services and Administrative teams within IT at UBC Okanagan.
Client Services Manager
Justin Avdich is the IT Client Services Manager responsible for the Student Services departments under the Office of the Provost and Vice-President Academic as well as the Associate Vice-President Students portfolio.
Justin is a Technical Project Manager with a background in web development, marketing and experience working with agencies, higher education and nonprofit organizations.
Client Services Manager
Erin Trifunov supports the Administration, Finance and Operations portfolios for the Okanagan campus.
Erin is an experienced Project Manager and Prosci Certified Change Practitioner who has worked within the research computing and post-secondary IT sector since 2013. She joined the Engagement Services team in 2019 after working with WestGrid and Compute Canada’s national research computing consortia. Erin has a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) from The University of British Columbia with a specialization in market research.
Originally from Kelowna, Erin has lived and traveled across Europe and Asia, returning to Kelowna in 2008. She is now privileged to be raising three strong females and enjoys skiing, ultimate frisbee and wine touring.