Staff and Faculty
We are here to help UBCO employees with any issues and questions you may have about our services. Common technology topics include:
- Novell and CWL accounts
- Email and telephones
- Printing and copying
- Classroom and event AV support
- Quotes for computer hardware and software
Service Desk Widget Box
Service Desk Walk-up support unavailable until further notice
As a COVID-19 precaution, we are accommodating on-site appointments by request only. Please submit an IT Helpdesk ticket (New ticket > Something Else) to schedule a date and time.
For all other requests, please submit a helpdesk ticket or phone 250-807-9000 from 7:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday.
UBC Okanagan Employees:
Submit a UBCO IT Helpdesk ticket
Visit us at the IT Service Desk (ADM 024B in the Administration Building) during regular business hours.
Call us at 79000 to access telephone support during regular business hours
Engagement Services works collaboratively with UBC Okanagan academic, research, and administrative units to ensure the IT services provided meet their evolving needs, are sustainable, follow best practices, and align with the strategic goals of the university.
IT Project Support & Coordination
We help clients navigate complex projects which involve multiple IT teams or various university IT approval processes.
Client Support & Advocacy
Our dedicated client service coordinators offer a venue to discuss IT concerns and share information in order to align future planning and service delivery with client needs.
We ensure the goals, needs and required outcomes of our communities are captured and incorporated into information sharing, planning, decision making, and delivery of IT services for the greater benefit of the institution.
Peer Technology Assistants (PTAs)
Peer Technology Assistants are part of the Student Learning Hub team to support students with:
- Technical assistance
- Canvas and other UBC learning technologies
- Access to UBC programs and software
- Troubleshooting software issues
- Information about online learning resources
UBC IT Student Support
The IT Service Desk at the Okanagan campus provides support to UBCO students for:
- Connecting to campus wireless
- Account password resets (please bring valid ID)
- Campus printing issues
For additional support, please contact the IT Service Centre at the Vancouver campus.
UBC IT Vancouver Support
Knowledge Base Articles (KnowIT)
Explore our knowledge base to find answers to common questions, how-to articles, user guides, and more.
- How to request Zoom accounts for TA and paid Students
- How to Remotely Access a UBC Okanagan Lab Computer Using RemoteLabs
- What are some best practices for video conferencing on my laptop?
- How do I know what AV equipment I need to hold video meetings or teach online from my home or office?
- How do I use Zoom to record an instructional video?