On Family Day weekend, UBCO IT will be rolling out a change to printers to migrate the credentials required from Novell to Campus-Wide Login (EAD) credentials.
On Tuesday, Feb 22nd, please restart your machine.
Depending on your computer and/or software management system, you may be prompted to select a printer and/or login with your Campus-Wide Login (EAD) credentials. If you have print requirements for Tuesday morning (Feb 22nd), please attempt to complete these prior to the end of business on Feb 19th, as we are preparing for a high volume of service requests which must be manually resolved.
Note: If you have a networked personal (“convenience”) printer, we will reach out to you individually for specific instructions on how to print after the cutover.
- If you have print requirements for Tuesday morning (Feb 22nd), we recommend printing these BEFORE Friday afternoon to avoid any delays.
- After Tuesday, Feb 22nd, to connect your computer to the new FindMe “print object” you will need to restart your device, and if NOT on campus, connect to the VPN prior to login.
- Depending on your computer and/or software management system, you may be prompted to select a printer and/or login with your EAD credentials before the new print object (pop-up windows will appear with any required actions).
- You should set this new printer as your default printer if prompted.
- Please note the “print object” update may take up to 60 minutes to complete.
- If you are having problems after this time, please contact the IT Service Centre for assistance.
- Urgent issues please call 250.807.9000 (on-campus dial 79000)
- Otherwise please submit a ticket via the UBC Self-Service Portal