IMPORTANT: This service is being retired in the fall of 2021.
However, there are several services that offer web-enabled collaboration including Microsoft Teams and OneDrive. If you have a requirement to collaborate or share documents via web-based means, please contact UBCO IT support for a consultation.
NetStorage provides a means of accessing your secure personal storage from non-UBC computers using a web browser. What does this mean? Get access to your F: drive from your laptop or home desktop PC.
(Novell username & password required)
How do I use NetStorage?
- Login to NetStorage using your Novell username and password
- When the NetStorage webpage opens, your F: drive is identified as Home@UBCO.
To edit a file:
- Using the NetStorage folder navigation pane, browse to the desired file
- Click the checkbox to select the file
- From the NetStorage File Menu, choose ‘Download’
- Save the file to your local hard drive (C:)
- Edit the file
- Save the file
To place the file back on your F: drive:
- Using the NetStorage folder navigation pane, browse to the desired folder
- From the NetStorage File Menu, choose ‘Upload’
- Click Browse
- Navigate to where you have saved the file on your local hard drive
- Click Open to choose the selected file
- Click Upload
Your updated file is now saved back to your F:\ drive