UBC Okanagan IT (UBCOIT) supports AV technology for centrally funded meeting spaces, otherwise known as general use meeting spaces. These spaces are available across campus and are managed and maintained by UBCOIT to ensure a consistent experience for faculty and staff.
Features & Benefits
UBCO general use meeting spaces offer:
- Professional quality equipment to optimize meeting experience
- Prompt equipment troubleshooting support by UBCOIT during business hours
Requirements & Eligibility
- UBCO general use meeting spaces are available for use by UBC faculty and staff
- For a space to be considered general use it must be immediately bookable in Outlook by UBCO Faculty/Staff (no approval step) and is accessible by Salto for any Faculty/Staff
Spaces which are considered general use are a shared resource available for any faculty or department to use. UBCO IT will maintain and support the AV equipment in these rooms.
For information on UBCO IT AV support, equipment maintenance and replacement for specialty or department owned spaces please submit a ticket for the AV Services Team in the UBC Self-Service Portal.
- Information about on-campus bookable meeting rooms can be found on the Central Booking Office Boardrooms / Meeting Rooms webpage
- For UBCO faculty and staff, click here for information on how to book departmental meeting rooms using Outlook
- UBCOIT AV support is available during regular business hours
- For general support, please submit a request using the UBC Self-Service Portal
The following table clarifies the responsibilities of UBC Okanagan IT and those of the client.
|Equipment design and installation||x|
|Minor repairs, and provision of spare equipment to avoid service disruption||x|
|Installing, updating and renewing certificates||x|
|Warranty and vendor support management||x|
|Authority to disable applications if compromised||x|
|Report general use meeting space equipment issues to UBCOIT||x|
|Knowledge of basic system set up and operations||x|
|Ensure have correct adapters for their device(s)||x|
|Ensure end-user equipment is compliant and updated to meet UBC standards, compatible with in-room equipment||x|