A Novell account is required to access any PC on campus, and provides access to pay for print services, shared instructional files, and 100 MB of secure personal storage. If you need more than 100 MB for academic purposes, you can request a limit increase by contacting IT, Media and Classroom Services at UBC's Okanagan campus.
IT, Media and Classroom Services
Phone: 807-9000 (on campus dial 79000)
Your Novell account is automatically created for you when you register for classes and expires two weeks after the last session in which you are registered.
Logging in to Novell
Your Novell username is your student ID number, your initial password is your birthdate in the format MMDDYY. If you didn’t supply a birthdate when registering, your initial password is the first six digits of your student ID number.
Once you are logged in to the Novell network, your personal storage is available on the F: drive which you may access via the "My Documents" link on the desktop.
NetStorage provides a means of accessing your secure personal storage from non-UBC computers using a web browser. What does this mean? Get access to your F: drive from your laptop or home desktop PC!
Login to NetStorage >>
(Novell username & password required)
How do I use NetStorage?
- Login to NetStorage (Novell username & password required)
- When the NetStorage webpage opens, your F: drive is identified as Home@UBCO.
To edit a file:
- Using the NetStorage folder navigation pane, browse to the desired file
- Click the checkbox to select the file
- From the NetStorage File Menu, choose 'Download'
- Save the file to your local hard drive (C:)
- Edit the file
- Save the file
To place the file back on your F: drive:
- Using the NetStorage folder navigation pane, browse to the desired folder
- From the NetStorage File Menu, choose 'Upload'
- Click Browse
- Navigate to where you have saved the file on your local hard drive
- Click Open to choose the selected file
- Click Upload
Your updated file is now saved back to your F:\ drive
Last reviewed 9/25/2015 5:14:56 PM